Viva!

7/11/2009 05:21:00 PM Posted by noel

i lohas

Coca-Cola started selling the easy-crush water bottles in Japan for its I Lohas mineral water brand. It does not only use minimal plastic, but it can also be crushed into a smaller unit before disposing it, minimizing the volume of plastic garbage.

viva

I was drinking Viva! mineral water this morning when I noticed that the bottle was made of very thin plastic (it actually crunched a little in my hand). Having read about I Lohas a month or two ago via CScout Japan, the first word that came to my mind was "immitation." Not that it's bad. If the makers of Viva! got inspired by the (almost) environment-friendliness of I Lohas, it's actually immitation for a good cause.

viva2

Then I looked at Viva!'s label. It surprised me. It's also a product of Coca-Cola.

I wonder why they didn't make a campaign about Viva!'s easy-crunch bottle here in the country, just like they did in Japan.

Or is I Lohas' bottle even thinner than Viva!'s?

0 comments: