See No Evil

7/16/2009 09:32:00 AM Posted by noel

hp half blood prince
I’m all excited to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Watching it was the first thing that came to my mind upon waking up this morning. I have agreed to see it on Monday with JP (who is my movie buddy for almost a decade now) but I also want to see it with my nephews. (So okay I want to see it twice.)

I texted Leni this  morning: Can I see Harry Potter with your kids on Saturday?
She texted back almost immediately: Ayaw ko yun e. Sorry.

How could I forget. Her family hasn’t watched or read a single Harry Potter. Why? Their church forbids.

It’s such a pity that some people (or churches) regard this story as wicked, evil, even satanic. It’s all about wizardry, yea, but all they have to do is read the plot to know that the story focuses on good things and despises the bad.

But I respect their opinions. Everyone’s entitled to live by their ideals.

I’m just glad I am free as a bird to do watch all things I want to do watch.

0 comments: