Freestyle

1/17/2009 10:11:00 PM Posted by noel

I’m a freak when it comes to organizing things, especially my schedules. And my old Palm (which has been with me for 7 years already) does that job.

I also like listing things (in my Palm) I need to buy the instant they pop up in my mind. Like when I’m doing a little carpentry and finds out I need to get a new drill bit. I might forget it for a while and just be reminded of it the next time I use the hand drill, which I don’t really use that often. And that’s where immediately listing things I need to buy gets so useful. I only get to shop once a week (either Saturday or Sunday) and it’s so convenient to think that I have everything I need to buy in my old Palm. Also, I can easily re-read the list and in the case of limited money (which always is the case), I can prioritize what  needs to be bought first.

Anyway, planners and diaries were scattered around National Bookstore when I dropped by this afternoon. I actually went there to ask if the hard bound Twilight book was already available (and it’s not). Upon passing by the planners, Angel came to mind. She’s not into planners. I used to buy her one every year when she was in high school. I stopped buying when she started wanting to be the one to choose her own stuff. But recently I’ve been seeing pieces of scratch paper in her bedroom  with reminders like do the laundry, research on blah blah, call someone… And I thought she might now find a planner useful.

plannerplanner inside

I bought a small one. Something that can fit into her kikay kit or whatever small pouch she carries. But I specifically looked for one which didn’t have time elements. Like a day in a normal planner would almost always be divided into hourly lines from 8 am to 5 pm. Eh her class starts at 8 am to 8 pm. LOL And it’s nonsense. I used to hate having those kinds of planners when I was a student. I wanted something to write what I’ll be doing for the entire day like “meet up with friends at SM” or “watch movies with sis” and imagine putting that on the top line which has an “8 AM” on the left side. But well, that’s me. Though I’m kinda sure Angel would have the same view about it.

Come to think of it, I hate time restrictions even on planners!

0 comments: